Remember how good it was to slice freshly baked bread, spread on a little butter, and eat it while it was still warm and soft? This recipe for grain-free bread will take you back to those days, but without the wheat!
- Preheat the oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- Liberally grease a standard size, glass loaf pan with palm shortening.
- Trim a sheet of parchment paper to fit the length of the loaf pan, but allow for some extra on the long sides to help remove the loaf when finished. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, chestnut flour, sweet potato flour, arrowroot flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the coconut milk, egg yolks, apple cider vinegar, and pure maple syrup. Blend with a hand mixer until smooth. Add the melted palm shortening (make sure it’s not too hot), and blend again until smooth.
- In a kitchen mixer, or with a hand mixer, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and blend with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the batter, and then pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake on the middle rack, in the center of the oven for one hour.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool completely before attempting to remove the bread from the loaf pan.
- Slice, and serve as desired. Keep in the fridge if not using the same day as baking.
If you want to keep bread in your life this is the way to do it. Finally, you can have a slice or three without all of the guilt. Perfect for packing lunch for the kids, taking lunch to work or a family gathering at home. Try it out and let us know your thoughts.
Primal Palate recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about the diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com